As a Tenant Coordinator, you will be a key member of our Edmonton City Centre Team. You will be responsible for maintaining consistent and thorough communication with tenants and our leasing, property management, project management, and operation teams. You will act as a liaison between our tenants and our internal teams to ensure and fulfill tenant requirements and increase overall tenant satisfaction
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Maintain accurate records for daily assigned tasks and projects.
- Utilize project management software and reconcile cost tracking with accounting teams.
- Assist in preparing project reports for asset management team.
- Assist with the lease administration process with regards to planning, budget, design and construction specifically responsible for Landlord Work (LLW) and Tenant Inducement (TI) conditions and standards.
- Ensure tenant build out needs are being met and liaise with internal teams to ensure all tenant concerns are being addressed, including accounting, possessions, events, and operational concerns.
- Assist with determining scope of Tenant’s Work that will achieve our acceptable design standard. Communicate and collaborate with tenants and their consultants where required and advise on areas on noncompliance and risk.
- Manage landlord consultant team review of submitted Tenant Work design packages, preparing review comments and letters of approval to the Tenant.
- Assist and track tenant entitlements and tenant improvements, including the management of TI payment requests, across both retail and office portfolios.
- Verify and track that construction costs are aligned with the budget forecasts and lease forecasts correlate with the schedules.Track and follow up with tenants directly to ensure that all construction requirements (insurance, WCB, notice of projects, permits, prime contractor status, etc.) are obtained and correctly addressed prior to possession and construction.
- Monitor and inspect progress of Tenant’s work to ensure Tenant’s Contractor abides to rules and regulations and address any site conditions that may arise.
- Provide leasing support in processing and resolution of tenant space configurations, design packages, recommendations and approval of tenant work, and coordination with Construction Team regarding the scope and pricing.
- Ensure all closing documents for the tenant’s space (vacant possession notices, key releases, tenant drawings) are obtained and available.
- Write and execute contracts for landlord work.
- Receive, review and approve tenant plans and signage packages.
- Update and maintain the Design Criteria and Contractor Rules and Regulations.
- Review leases to determine landlord work, dates, tenant allowances and other pertinent lease details.
- Visit each ongoing projects regularly to properly coordinate tenant construction activity and maintain ample familiarity.
- Attend project meetings and prepare project meeting minutes, notes and action items as well as communication of schedule, action items to project team when required.
- Provide general project coordination support as required on large scale projects.
- Assume responsibility and oversight of special projects and manage all Tenant Coordination activities as directed.
- Provide support to the Project Manager on any other assigned projects including office portfolio projects and various capital projects.
- Other duties, as required and assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Required level of education and job-related experience:
- Post-secondary education in construction and/or design disciplines is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a tenant coordinator in the retail shopping industry. Mall experience preferred.
- A PMP designation is considered an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD and other design programs is considered an asset
- Experience using project management software is considered an asset
- Extensive experience providing exceptional customer service in real estate, retail, or service environment.
- Strategic thinker who can build relationships cross-functionally and make things happen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to offer solutions to complex issues.
- Confident, friendly, and courteous with a strong service-oriented platform.
- Self-motivated, a strong problem solver and able to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Adaptable with strong organizational skills and an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Analytical with an aptitude for math and numbers.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office.
Apply: Tenant Coordinator, Project Management - Canderel