Better Chemistry for a Better Future.
We believe that we can create a better future for our communities, customers, and employees by doing chemistry better. When we create safer, more efficient, more environmentally responsible chemistry and apply it using the best people and technology available we can make a huge impact.
With over 60 years of research & development driven progress in specialty chemistry, Guardian Chemicals has worked hard to earn our reputation as a leader in the space. Our team, unified through their shared vision and core values, work together to support our customers and the industries they serve to drive a cleaner, safer, and more efficient industry forward.
Based in Sturgeon County, Alberta, Guardian provides direct chemical, equipment, and specialized service technologists to a large variety of primary and secondary industries throughout Canada, the USA, and internationally. Guardian currently has three main divisions: industrial, water treatment, and wood products.
Our Core Values
- Seek Understanding – Ask, listen, absorb
- Growth Mindset – Always looking to develop
- Initiative – Take the first step, go beyond
- Grit – Perseverance through determination
- Courage – Try what scares you, trust those around you, say what matters
- Elevate Others – Create heroes in those around you
The Technical Service Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of technical service professionals and ensuring that all technical service tasks are completed efficiently and effectively. The main purpose of this role is to manage the water quality and service operations of Guardian, which involves providing technical support, troubleshooting problems, account management and coordinating with other departments to resolve issues.
What Success Looks Like
- By 6 months:
You will have built a strong working relationship with all the water quality technologists.
You will have a clear understanding of the vision at Guardian and are able to translate that into an implementable strategy.
- By 12 months:
You are able to solve most major technical and account challenges with minimal oversight.
You are ensuring the delivery of excellent customer experience to our customers
You have built and are managing new hire onboarding processes to optimize experience and abilities of new staff.
What you will do
- Develop and implement a strategy to retain existing customers and increase their share of spend with the company.
- Communicate with customers to ensure that the treatment program is a strong collaborative effort where Guardian oversight assures success.
- Identify and act on customer product opportunities.
- Manage technical operations through cross-department coordination for efficient service delivery and issue resolution.
- Optimize service routes to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Coach and mentor WQTs to build working relationships with end users and clarify roles, responsibilities, and program effectiveness.
- Work with internal teams to develop new products and services that meet customer needs.
- Work safely and with minimal supervision in all aspects of the role including vehicle travel to various sites.
- Monitor, maintain and build processes that improve customer experience and outcomes.
- Ensure all hazard assessments are completed when necessary and provide training for customers on safe handling and procedures related to chemicals.
- Support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Guardian through your proactive nature and positive attitude.
- Comply with and support our Quality and Environmental Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related field is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical service or a related field.
- Experience in the water treatment industry preferred.
- Available driving license.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Effective communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office knowledge.
The ideal candidate is a life-long learner and strives for career advancement through a progressive career strategy of becoming a Team Leader. The candidate prefers an environment of accountability where rewards are aligned with results and customer success.
At Guardian Chemicals, We Believe Diversity & Inclusion Drive Innovation
- We are committed to the celebration of cultural differences, personal and professional values, and how these contribute to our culture and the communities we serve.
- We understand that everyone has strengths, and we embrace those strengths.
- We nurture the growth of each of our employees and empower our teams to support our core values.
- We are a proud participant of the 50 – 30 Challenge - an initiative specializing in the recruitment of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- We believe a diverse and inclusive work force is essential.
Guardian Chemicals Inc. provides a competitive base salary, benefits program, RRSP and Pension plan, Bonus plan and the opportunity to work with an industry leader in the chemical industry.
We thank all those who apply, but we will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
To learn more, please visit http://www.guardianchem.com