Director, Property Management
Canderel Management (West) Inc. seeks an experienced Commercial Senior Property Manager to manage a commercial portfolio consisting of high rise properties located in Edmonton. Our core business is the third-party management of commercial properties. The Senior Property Manager is responsible for tasks associated with the portfolio assigned to them.
- Accurate, timely invoicing and collection of all amounts due from tenants;
- The Property Manager must have a full understanding of operating cost recovery clauses;
- Timely review of year end operating cost reconciliations.
- Achieve high standards of maintenance and services within budget and at competitive costs;
- Inspect work by contractors to ensure all work is done according to the contract;
- Look for innovative ways to improve maintenance and reduce costs.
Tenant Relations and Retention:
- Promptly respond to and service tenants to build loyalty and ensure long term tenancies;
- Provide solutions to tenant problems that are mutually beneficial.
- Build a positive professional relationship with owners/clients and works toward effective and efficient communication with them;
- Prepare accurate, timely and meaningful monthly reports to clients.
General Administrative Functions:
- Accurate and timely: preparation and monitoring of annual common area, operating and capital budgets;
- Review of monthly cash flow and income statements;
- Review of rent rolls and other property information to ensure it is accurate and up to date;
- Follow up on sales figures and percentage rent.
- If applicable will be responsible for hiring, training and monitoring the performance of staff reporting directly to Sr. Property Manager (i.e. Building Operators);
- Ensure each staff member reporting directly to the Sr. Property Manager clearly understands their duties and responsibilities and uses their time effectively;
- Where applicable performs annual performance reviews and sets goals for the next year with the staff member
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum 5+ years experience managing commercial real estate
- Commercial high rise experience
- A current and active Real Estate License in Property Management is required for the position
- Third Party Property Management experience or a broker’s license will be considered an advantage
- Experience with lease renewals and liaising with leasing brokers
- Excellent communication skills
- Satisfactory police record clearance
Apply: Canderel - Senior Property Manager
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National firstname.lastname@example.org.