You are a high achiever looking to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take pride in your own work but are comfortable collaborating with a team of highly motivated individuals. You can communicate clearly and concisely with teammates and clients, and you enjoy strong company culture and camaraderie. You can navigate multiple corporate functions, including global lines of service and corporate centers of excellence. You possess strong interpersonal skills and are willing to take on diverse tasks to achieve the team’s common goal. You value personal and professional growth and are ready to take the next step in advancing your career.
If this sounds like you, well, then you will love the culture at Avison Young!
Avison Young is a global commercial real estate brokerage and advisory firm, offering transaction, management, financial and consulting services. We’ve designed our corporate structure to best serve our clients by enhancing collaboration across our organization.
Real estate can have an enormous positive impact on people’s lives – and we’re in the business of making spaces and places work better for people. Our purpose is to create real economic, social and environmental value as a global real estate advisor, powered by people.
We care about each other and we have each other’s backs. This makes Avison Young a great place to be a client, and a great place to work. We support the whole person and their complete wellness – economic, mental and physical – because what’s best for our business comes from our people bringing their whole selves to work.
Of course we love it here, but outsiders think we’re pretty great too: Avison Young was awarded the prestigious America’s Best Midsize Employers for 2022, presented by Forbes and Statista, Inc. We’re proud to be regularly recognized for our team, services and culture and our team members enjoy comprehensive compensation and benefit programs. Through our customized work options, we give our people the flexibility to create a work environment that puts their overall well-being first. After all, we are powered by people.
The Senior Property Administrator reports to the Assistant Property Manager and Director, Property Management. The Senior Property Administrator provides the Assistant Property Manager & Director, Property Management with administrative and building operations support, as directed. The Senior Property Administrator is responsible for keeping the Assistant Property Manager & Director, Property Management informed at all times, seeking guidance and direction as appropriate.
Basic requirements and key functional responsibilities of the Senior Property Administrator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strong aptitude for numbers including strong knowledge of accounting procedures, account reconciliation and ability to interpret financial data
- Being detail-oriented; have the ability to work under pressure; meet deadlines; prioritize tasks and deliver timely and accurate results
- Excellent customer and tenant service orientation
- Ensuring that our tenants are 100% satisfied with our services is one of the key priorities, so having strong relationship building and problem-solving skills is a must
- Assist with the implementation of new programs, and ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook together with other property management software applications such as Yardi
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, combined with strong communication skills both written, and oral are keys to success
- Self-motivated, professional, and flexible with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Responsible for ensuring that assets are presented and operated according to the best possible standards alongside the Assistant Property Manager & Director, Property Management
- To achieve success, Senior Property Administrator should not only be focused on the day-to-day operations of the property but on the long-term potential and profitability of the property
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Draft and distribute correspondences to tenant
- Responsible / accountable for rent collection, cheque posting, and application of monies to tenant accounts in company software
- Responsible/ accountable for reviewing monthly recurring billings
- Monitor and control tenant arrears; reconcile tenant accounts; report weekly on status of account receivables; ensure that delinquent accounts are minimized
- Prepare and issue statement of Rental Charge Invoices and letters
- Liaise with tenants and accounting regarding accounts receivable matters
- Prepare and issue purchase orders. Reconcile purchase orders against invoices
- Assist the Property Manager & Assistant Property Manager with client relationship management
- Assist the Property Manager & Assistant Property Manager in all aspects of tenant requirements under the respective lease agreements, including regular tenant contact, handling tenant queries and issues and ensuring all reasonable tenant needs are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure excellent tenant relations and strong customer service
- Process invoices including matching, coding invoices to comply with budget schedules, and compiling and verifying batches
- Monitor, track and ensure payment for all vacant unit utility accounts
- Process all cheques, invoices, and related reports and systems within Yardi accounting software
- Complete all administrative functions relating to property management as specified
- Read and understand leases to ensure accurate information is received and maintained
- Maintain and update security deposit reports
- Maintain and update tenant information, including phone numbers, contact names, and emergency contact information as changes occur
- Record, update, and maintain insurance coverage for all tenants and contractors
- Liaise with tenants and contractors as required or directed
- Verify Workers Compensation coverage for service providers
- Perform a wide variety of administrative duties including word processing, filing, photocopying, scheduling appointments, answering phone, receiving guests, etc.
- Ensure tenants abide by the terms of the lease and other relevant acts and by-laws
- Work with Operations and Property Management on the day-to-day operations of the assets, ensuring custodial, life-safety, engineering, site services, and general maintenance, are implemented and carried out in a manner consistent with Avison Young policies and client directives
- Assist with the maintenance of the computerized Preventative Maintenance Program (Angus AnyWhere) and monitor, dispatch and follow-up on tenant requests, preparation of monthly chargeback reporting
- Co-ordinate and supervise all contracts, including periodic reviews of all service contracts (ie: maintain up-to-date contract log, assist with tendering, verify invoices match contract pricing and PO’s)
- Co-ordinate annual fire inspections and deficiency repair schedules with contractors and tenants.
- Ensure that all site-specific documentation and financial reports are completed accurately and on time, (as applicable)
- Assist as needed in the development and preparation of a variety of budgets, financial reports (monthly and quarterly), contracts, expenditures and purchase orders related to the facilities
- Other such duties as directed and required by the Assistant Property Manager & Director, Property Management
- Minimum 2+ years of property management experience with administration and financial management responsibilities
- Post-secondary education required. A property management designation, or working towards a property management designation, such as RPA would be preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of accounting practices
- Experience reviewing, optimizing and implementing change of business processes
- Good interpersonal skills and communications skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, Angus, Yardi and ProCore
- Must be able to provide clear criminal records check.
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license
Avison Young practices as an equal opportunity employer in all services locations around the world. We are committed to building and maintaining a workforce diverse in experience, skills and knowledge with uniformity in service excellence, commitment and integrity.
The firm maintains a strict policy to ensure employment opportunities are equal and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, protected veteran or military service status, or any other elements protected by law.
For those requiring assistance with disabilities, information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Avison Young is committed to employing the best talent with the most fair and equitable recruitment practices. Apply with us TODAY!
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- property management: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person