At Collier Project Leaders, we deliver capital project solutions to fulfill our clients’ needs across the built environment. The work we do makes a difference in communities and for the people who live there. We have a passion for it.
Our commitment to realizing our clients' vision inspires us to look beyond the immediate – to the possibilities of what we can achieve together. We are 15,000 projects and counting – improving lives and helping shape the growth of sustainable, progressive and inclusive communities.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution with the Infrastructure Advisory business unit.
- Provide critical analysis and transaction advisory services to a wide range of infrastructure project sectors including roads, bridges, water/wastewater, district energy systems, hospitals, prisons, airports, schools, defense systems, and ports to determine the best way to finance and procure them for the public sector
- Developing and revising financial models
- Conduct a broad range of market research and analysis, including due diligence review of precedent practices for other infrastructure projects and investments
- Support the development of reports and information memorandums, research, and industry papers
- Support the preparation of business cases, proposals, presentations, and contributing to business development
- Provide commercial and financial analysis of project finance structures, instruments, and pricing
- Draft and review of procurement documents and schedules and precedent project benchmarking
- Advise on alternative financing (i.e. P3, AFP, others including IPD or Alliancing) and other innovative transaction structures, and ensuring they attain the right balance of risk transfer and bankability
- Perform due diligence and perform detailed analysis that will help develop comprehensive strategies and business plans in support of client investments
- Apply your exceptional writing skills to prepare reports for a broad variety of assignments.
- Contribute to winning proposals and participate in compelling client presentations
- Build on your understanding of the Canadian advisory marketplace and gain exposure to a diverse range of clients and major infrastructure projects across the country
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, or a related mix of academic and practical experience
- MBA or master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an asset
- CAPM/PMP is an asset
- LEAN/Six Sigma is an asset
- Government of Canada security screening reliability status or higher is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in similar advisory role, consulting to public and private sector clients
- A broad skill set including strong presentation and stakeholder facilitation, business case and report writing, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Solid financial and general excel modeling skills
- Experience in roads, transportation, buildings, and energy infrastructure is an asset
- Experience with public private partnerships , Alternative Financing and Procurement or other collaborative procurement models for the delivery of public infrastructure is an asset
- Proficiency in working with Procurement documents (RFQ, RFP, and Project Agreements); and Procurement models (traditional, alternative, collaborative) is an asset
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interpret and compile information and effectively articulate and present findings
- Demonstrated writing ability and aptitude for compiling well-thought out and concise summaries, reports and recommendations that provide outstanding value to clients
- A positive outlook and demonstrate an energetic disposition with clients, along with the ability to effectively influence positive client decisions
- Excellent relationship-building skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and external industry subject matter experts
Prior to applying, please review the Government of Canada security screening requirements to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements to obtain Secret level clearance. This may become a condition of your employment should you receive an offer from us.
Don’t have every single qualification?
At Colliers Project Leaders, we’re not always looking for “perfect matches.” We’re looking to welcome people to our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace.
So, if you’re excited about this role but don’t have every single qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway.
A Few Headlines Of What You Can Expect
- A culture of caring for our people, clients and communities
- Hybrid Flexible Work Environment
- A supportive onboarding experience
- A paid Volunteer Day
- An environment with significant professional development & training opportunities
- Mentorship & Leadership development programs
- Benefits Program inclusive of a Healthcare Spending Account and Wellness Program
Join our team of difference-makers and help shape the growth of dynamic communities!
Colliers Project Leaders is part of Colliers (NASDAQ, TSX: CIGI), a leading diversified professional services and investment management company, with more than 17,000 professional operating in 63 countries.
Colliers Project Leaders has suspended our COVID-19 vaccination requirement. In circumstances where our clients have a different COVID-19 vaccination policy, the Clients’ requirements will supersede.
Colliers Project Leaders is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the assigned Talent Acquisition Business Partner.
Colliers Project Leaders standard recruitment process requires applicants to be subjected to formal background and reference checks prior to their hiring.