GFL Environmental is looking for a Fleet Manager to join our team based out of Edmonton, AB!
The Fleet Manager is responsible for management of vehicles, maintenance, buildings, people resources and costs associated with the post-collection side of the business. As a subject matter expert, the position will provide critical support through various activities such as managing inventory, reporting, development of strategic sourcing, and internal customer service.
At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
- Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
- We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics and vision coverage
- With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations and growth!
- We appreciate all of the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
- We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
- GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance.
Why Join TEAM GREEN
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Life Insurance
- Retirement savings options
- Great learning opportunities
- Excellent work life balance
- Supervise and direct the members of the maintenance team within the location, setting goals, target and managing accordingly
- Travel to sites within your region on a quarterly basis
- Follow the schedule of preventive maintenance and annual inspections
- Analyze the fleet and make suggestions for improvements or purchases
- Assume responsibility for the approval and payment of any repairs on the company’s equipment that must be performed by subcontractors while keeping in contact with the District Manager.
- Work with Operations in the development and administration of the budget for maintenance and replacement of the equipment
- Responsible for keeping the equipment according to the company policies and regulations
- Ensure health and safety of employees
- Complete weekly reports
- Establish various management tools to improve cost management
- Ensure the training of the staff
- Perform other related duties
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education, bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or 3-years relevant work experience
- Current Mechanic’s license
- Valid Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Microsoft software along with Trux, Ariett, GP and M5, or Dossier
- Excellent communication skills, management priorities and good organizational skills
- Knowledge of financial statements and general understanding of the department’s contributions to the monthly financial statements
- Ability to deal with all levels of management
- Tactfully dispenses direct and actionable feedback; is open and direct with others
- Ability to work under pressure
- Maintenance Management Professional designation is considered an asset
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.