ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Property Accountant to join our property management team in Edmonton, AB.
ONE is a privately-owned, integrated real estate investment firm that develops and manages a range of high-quality assets across Canada, creating value through an integrated service model. Since 1987, ONE has been creating value, empowering businesses and defining communities through our people, our partners and our properties. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, Property Management, the Property Accountant will be responsible for the full-cycle accounting of specified portfolio at the property level.
- Review and analyze AR and AP aged reports; work with Property Manager and AP Administrator to resolve outstanding issues.
- Assist Property Manager with variance analyses.
- Monitor and manage cashflow.
- Approve invoices for payment.
- Manage & post pre-authorized withdrawals in online banking platform.
- Configure tenant CAM recovery model in Yardi.
- Create units and revise area tables in Yardi, as needed.
- Review Lease Summary and activate tenants in Yardi.
- Create & maintain Capital and Leasing Costs amortization and depreciation schedules.
- Create & maintain Free Rent amortization schedules.
- Create & maintain Straight Line rent amortization schedule.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Accounting Supervisor, Property Management.
- Prepare monthly management fee invoices in compliance with Property Management Agreement.
- Calculate monthly Op Cost accrual, revising workbook throughout the year to capture changes in occupancy and addition of newly developed structures.
- Review and post monthly accruals.
- Post standard and recurring monthly journal entries.
- Post all receipts in Yardi as per RECA requirements.
- Review and approve coding of invoices and GL descriptions.
- Prepare interim and post final monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and post monthly utility accruals, identifying any outstanding bills.
- Maintain accurate and complete Working Paper for all Balance Sheet items.
- Track and record mortgages and Recoverable R&M amortization monthly.
- Assemble monthly financial statement packages as per client’s requirements.
- Prepare draw request package as per client’s specifications.
- Education – Post-secondary accounting degree or diploma required.
- Relationship Skills - Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and professionally. Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with team members and clients. Exercises confidentiality.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to achieve quality results ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; results-oriented, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office and property management/accounting programs, with preference given to Yardi.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.
What We Offer
- Opportunities to develop and grow in your career, along with competitive pay and benefits
- Team-oriented colleagues who share the same core values around collaboration, alignment and integrity, with a strong spirit of collegiality
- Strong focus on client relationships
- Growing company with offices and properties across Canada.
- A commitment to strengthen the communities where we operate
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/careers/165 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.