We’re seeking a talented Project Manager to join our Edmonton community. Operating as One Team, we work together to provide worry-free building solutions so our clients can focus on what they do best. Our team members take pride in quality service, client satisfaction, and live by the motto, “What would you do in your own home?”
Who are we?
To put it simply, we’ve been around for nearly 30 years in Alberta and have grown to be a player in the commercial property management market. Our Team services over 21 million sq. ft. of real estate in over 60 municipalities across the province. Together, we deliver complete building management solutions in partnership with our team members, clients, and subcontractors. This means we’re continually expanding services to meet client needs by providing caretaking, grounds, security, or project management solutions.
Within the last decade our team has grown by over 146%! We are proud to provide opportunities and career development to over 840 employees. These team members bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and knowledge that help make us successful. Visit our website for more information about Edon’s culture.
Explore more about us and watch the WHO WE ARE video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxhN1hxLQI
or visit our website https://edonmgmt.com/
Why choose Edon?
- We support personal development and professional growth through tuition reimbursement, ongoing safety training, job shadowing, and mentorship.
- We are committed to safety (COR certified), quality (ISO 9001:2015 certified), and sustainability programs.
- We encourage site tours to gain an understanding and appreciation of team member roles.
- We look for ways to continuously improve our processes and operations to spend less time on paperwork and more time assisting clients. We’re currently working on a major automation project to make completing processes such as incident reports or employee expenses simpler.
- We foster a friendly and open culture that provides opportunity and work-life balance.
- We offer competitive pay, benefits, RRSP programs, and mileage reimbursement.
What does your day look like at Edon?
- Complete assigned construction projects (including tenant improvements, landlord related work, capital work, maintenance and repair and building renovations) on time, on budget and on spec
- Coordinate all resources and stakeholders, set project deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor project progress
- Prepare project estimates and budgets and control expenditures within the contract limits
- Maintain project management documentation as per Edon’s Project Management Playbook
- Create bid documents and procure consultants and contractors
- Liaise with subcontractors, owners, tenants and the property management team on technical and operational matters and ensure progress is communicated to all interested parties
- Manage expectations from the stakeholders and ensure customer satisfaction
- Exhibit ongoing ability to prioritize and focus on the major issues
- Provide project team leadership to other project managers, project coordinator, and project support staff through motivation, mentoring and performance management
- Office environment with field site visits
- Ensure project safety standards are adhered to
- Attend construction site for inspection and site reviews as needed, to identify risks, safety, progress and performances
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum seven years’ experience managing small to large size construction projects (i.e. $5K-$20M), including maintenance and repair projects and tenant improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related field would be considered an asset
- An understanding of building infrastructure systems is an asset
- Ability to direct staff and subcontractors to efficiently deliver on project expectations and timelines
- Ability to read and analyze multidiscipline construction drawings and specifications
- Strong communication skills, demonstrated in written, verbal, report writing and ability to chair design and construction meetings
- Certificate, degree or diploma related to project management, engineering, architecture or technologist-related discipline preferred
- PMP certificate is an asset
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Enjoys being on construction sites