At Civida, HOME is our focus. We are the largest provider of social and affordable housing in the Edmonton area, managing over 4500 social housing rental units and over 600 near market housing rental units. We offer both townhouses and apartments throughout the city. We welcome the opportunity to provide our families and individuals with a safe and secure place to call home. Visit Civida for more information.
The Procurement Specialist assists business units with more complex procurements including major projects, construction and new builds, ensuring that the procurement process, procurement documents, and contracts are compliant with corporate policies and public-sector procurement and contracting best practices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop procurement plans for complex procurement request submissions from internal business units, including RFPs, RPQs, and Tenders.
- Provide procurement advice to business units, obtain scope of work, determine project timelines and other relevant information to support procurement processes.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of project specific RFx and tender documents including front-end contractual requirements; specifications; evaluation criteria; and other special documentation as required.
- Take part in the development of RFx evaluation, including contributing to the development of evaluation methodology and criteria.
- Assist with the quality management of tender opening and assure proper procedures are adhered to, and contractors' rights and confidentiality are respected.
- Investigate bid or proposal irregularities and action appropriately.
- Support the RFx evaluation process, ensuring evaluations are conducted fairly and transparently.
- Review qualifications, proposals, and bids, requesting clarification from bidders or proponents.
- Provide pre-qualification and contract award recommendations to business unit.
- Conduct one-on-one debriefs with proponents/respondents.
- Review and issue Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Support departments following contract award as required to interpret requirements, assist with change orders, contract amendments, insurance and bonding requirements and renewals.
- Facilitate consultant and contractor performance evaluations as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field and minimum 2-year’s related experience.
- A professional designation related to supply chain is preferred.
- Experience in public-sector procurement practices is required.
- Sound understanding of trade agreements, legal principles and case law related to competitive bidding and contracts.
- Knowledge of technical writing generally, specification writing practice.
- Knowledge of guidelines and standards, master specifications, policies and practices related to bidding and contracting.
- Understanding of and knowledge of insurance and bonding as it applies to design, construction and facility management.
- Familiar with design and construction of capital projects.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong computer skills including formatting, editing and proofreading and ability to work with MS Office, Yardi (accounting software), Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC).
How to Apply
Interested applicants must send in a resume with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the position and why they believe they would be a strong candidate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a Police Information Check.
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Email: email@example.com