Who We Are
We are a diversified real estate development and asset management company. We own and manage over 4 million square feet of gross leasable area, including 39 properties owned by Melcor REIT. We strive to be the Landlord of Choice in our markets by providing outstanding customer care and dependable, high-quality service to our clients.
We Are Looking For
An Operations Manager who is committed to managing the day-to-day operations and preventative maintenance programs for a commercial portfolio within the Edmonton area. This role will supervise Operations staff in Edmonton and also be responsible for the day-to-day operational task associated with the properties within the portfolio.
This full-time, permanent position reports to the General Manager and is a key member of our team.
What You’ll Do
- Manage Building Operators and Maintenance staff to ensure job duties are performed, proper coverage for the buildings, operators are property trained, evaluate performance, and motivate and build a team environment.
- Achieve customer service targets by ensuing all tenant work orders are responded to within 30 minutes; achieving at minimum a 95% success rate.
- Create and manage operating budget. Participate in the creation of the property operating budgets based on zero based budgeting and ensure invoices are coded to proper GL accounts.
- Manage service contracts. Work with the property management team to tender mechanical and other service contracts and ensure all work is performed to specification by performing site inspections and maintain service records.
- Build Capital plan and oversee Capital projects to replace or upgrade building components that are aged, failing or to improve the efficiency of the portfolio’s assets. Manage assigned Capital projects once approved to ensure timelines are met, within budget, and quality up to standard.
- Manage HVAC maintenance and efficiency by ensuring preventative maintenance is performed on equipment. Document and file all reports for maintenance and ensure Building Code and Fire Code regulations are met.
- Oversee internal preventative maintenance program for equipment. Ensure equipment is properly scheduled for maintenance, assigned, and worked are completed on time. Report cancelled and overdue work orders.
- Quality control for building. Perform regular site inspections of building; citing deficiencies and scheduling work to repair or replace damage, graffiti, etc.
- Provide service to tenants and assist building operators with any tenant questions, concerns including HVAC concerns, heating/cooling issues, emergencies – floods, property damage, etc.
- Support and maintain Health and Safety program understanding current OH&S standards.
- Achieve sustainability targets. Implement best practices to ensure building equipment is running optimally and perform energy audits.
- You have a valid 5th Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- You have a minimum three years’ experience as a Building Operator with an emphasis on operations and maintenance of HVAC Systems.
- You have strong leadership skills and experience in managing a team.
- You have working knowledge with: HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire alarm, sprinkler systems, generators, and fire alarm.
- All work safe procedures and awareness of Occupational Health & Safety legislation.
- You are a great problem solver, self-motivated and organized.
- You work calmly under pressure while maintaining a sense of urgency.
- You have a valid Alberta Drivers license.
- Possess basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Windows.
- Mechanically inclined with a “Handyman” aptitude.
Covid-19 Vaccine Policy
The health and safety of our people is our number one priority. The successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals may submit an exemption request for consideration.
Where People Want to Work
If you are passionate about real estate and providing outstanding customer service and you meet or exceed our qualifications, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “Leasing Manager” in the subject line.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Melcor is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.