OEG Inc. is a North American leader in sports and entertainment, retail cannabis and hospitality.
OEG Sports & Entertainment delivers North America’s leading sports and entertainment experiences to connect our fans to their passions. Located in the heart of the ICE District, OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s three-time Memorial Cup Champion Edmonton Oil Kings, and the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors. OEG operates Rogers Place, North America’s premier and most technologically advanced sports and entertainment venue. The 18,647 seat, $480 million arena is among the most technologically enabled sports facilities in North America as well as the first LEED Silver-certified NHL Facility in Canada.
Led by Tokyo Smoke, Ontario’s number one retail cannabis brand, OEG Retail Cannabis is positioned for future success in the early stages of an emerging market. With over 60 locations and counting in Ontario, locations in Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Newfoundland and Labrador, and a differentiated retail brand and customer experience, Tokyo Smoke has won multiple industry awards and is a market leader with tremendous cross-country expansion and growth potential as the retail cannabis industry continues to consolidate and mature.
Complementing our sports and entertainment and cannabis divisions, our partnerships through OEG Hospitality feature a wide variety of the country’s best-known, award-winning restaurants, along with catering and event venues in Canada’s growing restaurant industry—with a successful 30+ year history of culinary, experiential, and operational excellence.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced IT Manager / Infrastructure Lead with Networking Skills to oversee OEG Inc's Corporate infrastructure. This individual will be responsible for managing and maintaining our network hardware, software, and security to ensure optimal performance and data protection. Further this role will require supporting our IT department from entry level technology issues to complex IT infrastructure issues. The successful candidate will have a strong background in both technical and managerial skills, with a focus on networking and infrastructure management.
Your Focus in this Role:
- Support the Director of IT in all aspects of running the IT department.
- Management and implementation large scale technology infrastructure plans and strategies that align with the technology road map.
- Collaborating with other business divisions and stakeholders to ensure that the technology needs across the organization are met.
- Management of information security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide first and second level user support; when necessary, on a limited basis.
- Assists service desk staff in issue ticket escalation.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to infrastructure and its management.
- Support for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of LAN, WAN, and Wireless networks including upgrades to all network equipment.
- Managing and monitoring network performance to ensure efficient and effective operation, including troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues as they arise.
- Maintaining / monitor network security by implementing Cybersecurity tools, enforcing policies, procedures, and protocols that protect against unauthorized access, malware, and other security threats.
- Staying up to date with emerging technologies and trends and making recommendations for improvements and enhancements as needed.
- Supporting cloud technologies and integrations - AWS, Azure.
Who You Are:
- You’re a positive person with a customer-centric focus
- You’re a self-starter that is excited by autonomy and has a relentless drive to exceed expectations
- You’re open-minded and don’t mind adjusting on the fly
- You’re organized, have a keen eye for detail, and incredible time management skills
- You have a talent for building great working relationships at all levels within an organization
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in IT management, with a strong focus on network infrastructure management.
- Strong technical skills in network infrastructure management, including LAN, WAN, and wireless networking, firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience running projects and directing a team of IT professionals.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security threats, protocols, and tools.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to support tier 1 issues to complex infrastructure problems.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and protocols.
- Experience with budget management and cost analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and work streams simultaneously.
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, NSE-4, or CompTIA Network+ are a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- 100% Employer Paid Benefits + RSP Matching Program
- Oilers, Oil Kings, and Live Entertainment Ticket Options
- Healthcare and Lifestyle Spending Account Options
- On-Site Parking and Transit Allowance
- Beautiful Office Space located Downtown Edmonton
- Social Work Culture + Employee Events
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Those moving forward in the process will be contacted by a member of our team.
Our organization is committed to being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We require the successful applicant to disclose their vaccination status and provide proof of their full COVID-19 vaccination.
Stay in Touch!
Desired Skills and Experience