At Collier Project Leaders, we deliver capital project solutions to fulfill our clients’ needs across the built environment. The work we do makes a difference in communities and for the people who live there. We have a passion for it.
Our commitment to realizing our clients' vision inspires us to look beyond the immediate – to the possibilities of what we can achieve together. We are 15,000 projects and counting – improving lives and helping shape the growth of sustainable, progressive and inclusive communities.
As a Manager, you will act as an extension of public and private sector project teams undertaking the development and delivery of complex projects or investments. Your functions will include financial and commercial analysis of infrastructure projects, preparation of procurement strategies and processes, financial RFQ and RFP proposal development and evaluation, negotiation of commercial agreements and other advisory services related to best practices in the Canadian infrastructure advisory field.
The Infrastructure Advisory team advises governments and businesses in the delivery of complex capital projects and programs. As part of our team, you'll provide expertise to clients on the design and delivery of transformative projects, program and commercial strategy approaches, and improvement of capital programs while ensuring project success within constrained budgets and challenging situations. You will work across many sectors providing services across the project life cycle from project feasibility, governance, procurement and transaction support, construction readiness, project delivery and operational readiness.
- Lead drafting reports and information documents of a financial nature, business cases and analyses related to various procurement methods
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals for multiple concurrent projects
- Oversee the development and review of complex financial models
- Participate in the development of the strategic planning, granting and financial structuring of capital and infrastructure projects
- Participate in large-scale and complex procurements of infrastructure including development and evaluation of procurement documents and information memorandums
- Advise clients on best practices in the management of capital and infrastructure projects, and support them in the implementation of these recommendations
- Define and analyzing business cases, growth planning for capital projects, needs assessment and conducting procurement options analyses
- Provide financial analysis and funding strategy recommendations
- Conduct benchmarking and best practice research analyses and state of the market studies
- Perform due diligence and perform detailed analysis that will help develop comprehensive strategies and business plans in support of client investments
- Apply your exceptional writing skills to prepare reports for a broad variety of assignments.
- Contribute to winning proposals and participate in compelling client presentations
- University degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, or a related mix of academic and practical experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an asset
- CAPM/PMP is an asset
- LEAN/Six Sigma is an asset
- Government of Canada security screening reliability status or higher is an asset
- 5+ years of experience in similar advisory role, consulting to public and private sector clients
- A broad consulting skill set including strong presentation and stakeholder facilitation, business case and report writing, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills, including the ability to understand and effectively summarize complex documents
- Proven technical and analytical capabilities including proven financial analysis and financial modelling skills (particularly with project finance discounted cash flow models)
- Confidence, desire and ability to learn all aspects of infrastructure sectors in a short timeframe
- Excels in a dynamic and rapidly growing work environment, managing multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong financial analytical skills, along with an understanding of capital asset development and redevelopment financial information
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interpret and compile information and effectively articulate and present findings
- Exceptional writing ability and aptitude for compiling well-thought out and concise summaries, reports and recommendations that provide outstanding value to clients
- Projects a positive outlook and demonstrate an energetic disposition with clients, along with the ability to effectively influence positive client decisions
- Excellent relationship-building skills to interact with clients, colleagues, and external industry subject matter experts
- High level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills is needed
Prior to applying, please review the Government of Canada security screening requirements to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements to obtain Secret level clearance. This may become a condition of your employment should you receive an offer from us.
As part of the Colliers onboarding process, you will be supported and brought up to speed in our corporate quality management system, corporate policies, and project management responsibilities and standards which we uphold in the delivery of quality services to our clients.
Don’t have every single qualification?
At Colliers Project Leaders, we’re not always looking for “perfect matches.” We’re looking to welcome people to our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace.
So, if you’re excited about this role but don’t have every single qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway.
A Few Headlines Of What You Can Expect
- A culture of caring for our people, clients and communities
- Hybrid Flexible Work Environment
- A supportive onboarding experience
- A paid Volunteer Day
- An environment with significant professional development & training opportunities
- Mentorship & Leadership development programs
- Benefits Program inclusive of a Healthcare Spending Account and Wellness Program
Join our team of difference-makers and help shape the growth of dynamic communities!
Colliers Project Leaders is part of Colliers (NASDAQ, TSX: CIGI), a leading diversified professional services and investment management company, with more than 17,000 professional operating in 63 countries.
Colliers Project Leaders has suspended our COVID-19 vaccination requirement. In circumstances where our clients have a different COVID-19 vaccination policy, the Clients’ requirements will supersede.
Colliers Project Leaders is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the assigned Talent Acquisition Business Partner.
Colliers Project Leaders standard recruitment process requires applicants to be subjected to formal background and reference checks prior to their hiring.