Who We Are
Melcor is an award-winning employer celebrating its 100th year of operation with a proven track record of caring for and empowering our exceptional team. We transform raw land into high-quality finished product in both residential and commercial built form. We develop and manage master-planned, mixed-use residential communities, business and industrial parks, office buildings, retail commercial centers and golf courses.
We Are Looking For
A Leasing Manager who will be responsible for identifying new tenants, negotiating both renewal and new lease transactions and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders while delivering exceptional customer service.
This full-time, permanent position reports to the Director of Leasing and is a key member of our team.
What You’ll Do
Assist with all existing Melcor and Melcor REIT properties. This will include:
- Act as first point of contact for office, retail, and industrial leasing inquiries and solicit new tenant opportunities with or without a broker representation
- Achieve divisional profit goals and directives
- Identify, source and secure new local, regional, and national tenants and work with existing tenants to satisfy expansion/renewal requirements
- Demonstrate the ability to independently coordinate, negotiate, and track from Offer to Lease through to Lease execution including relevant financial and operational analysis (i.e. net effective rents, market comparables, qualifying leads, etc.)
- Monitor market activity and trends to maintain an ongoing knowledge of the commercial real estate markets Melcor Properties is active within, with an emphasis on current regional lease rates, vacancy and projected future trends
- Contribute to project budgeting (financial proformas, monthly budget review)
- Collaborate with Melcor Properties Leasing Team on strategies, annual business plans, reporting and various presentations
- Review Lease Documentation, Letter’s of Intent, Offers to Lease and related Lease Amending documents for new deals, renewals and extensions
- Support and assist in the procurement of information for meetings, presentations, sales packages, offer materials, and any other related documents.
- Oversee the advertising of vacancies and assist in marketing through various forms of media and promotional materials both physical and online
- You have a minimum 3-5 years experience in the commercial real estate industry. Experience in leasing of office and retail projects is preferred
- You have a post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent experience
- You have experience negotiating and interpreting complex leasing related contracts and documents
- You have the ability to build strong business relationships that last
- You have strong customer service and problem-solving skills and are adept at conflict resolution
- You have the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and tight deadlines with quality and accuracy
- You have the ability to travel on occasion
Where People Want to Work
If you are passionate about real estate and providing outstanding customer service and you meet or exceed our qualifications, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Melcor is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.