Who We Are
Melcor Developments is an award winning employer with a proven record of caring for and empowering our exceptional team. We transform raw land into high-quality residential neighborhoods and commercial campuses that are designed to enhance quality of life – at home and at work.
We Are Looking For
A Leasing Manager who will be responsible for identifying and closing on leasing and sales opportunities while delivering exceptional customer service.
This full-time, permanent position reports to the Director of Leasing, Canada and is a key member of our team.
What You’ll Do
Assist with all existing Melcor and Melcor REIT properties. This will include:
- Act as point of contact for leasing inquiries and solicit new tenant opportunities with or without a broker
- Achieve divisional profit goals and directives
- Identify, source and secure new local, regional, and national tenants and work with existing tenants to satisfy expansion/renewal requirements
- Demonstrate a solid ability to independently coordinate, negotiate, and track first and subsequent lease drafts from LOI through to execution, including relevant supporting financial analysis (i.e. NERs, etc)
- Monitor market activity and trends to maintain an ongoing knowledge of the commercial real estate market with an emphasis on current regional lease rates, occupancy, and future trends
- Contribute to project budgeting (financial proformas, monthly budget review)
- Work collaboratively with the Leasing Team
- Provide input into the region’s annual business plans/strategies
- Review Lease Documentation, LOI’s/OTL’s and related documents for new deals, renewals and extensions
- Assists with various reports and presentations as required
- Support and assist in the procurement of information for meetings, presentations, sales packages, offer materials, and any other related relevant documents.
- Oversee the advertising of vacancies and assist in marketing through various forms of media and promotional materials.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in the commercial real estate industry
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Ability to negotiate and decipher complex contracts and documents
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and are able to build lasting business relationships
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills – able to multi-task and manage competing priorities and tight deadlines with quality and accuracy first.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Cheerful and friendly disposition.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Real estate experience strongly preferred- ideally with leasing knowledge or experience
- Ability to travel on occasion
Covid-19 Vaccine Policy
The health and safety of our people is our number one priority. The successful applicant for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals may submit an exemption request for consideration.
Where People Want to Work
If you are passionate about real estate and providing outstanding customer service and you meet or exceed our qualifications, please submit your resume to email@example.com quoting “Leasing Manager” in the subject line.
Your submission will be reviewed carefully however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Melcor is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle of diversity and looks forward to receiving applications from a wide range of people.