WHERE PASSION + PURPOSE ALIGN
Introba is the union of Integral Group, a global network of deep green engineers and consultants and Ross & Baruzzini, a technology, consulting, and engineering firm.
Together as Introba, the organization provides world-class building engineering design, analytic, and consulting services at all scales, specializing in net-zero first thinking. Through the cultivation of thought leadership, we deliver sustainable and forward-thinking solutions to the most complex design challenges facing the world’s leading clients and partners.
Behind every great Engineering Firm, is a team of support professionals in the professional sectors of Finance & Accounting, Marketing, HR & Administration.
The business cannot function effectively and efficiently without the incredible support from those teams. At Introba, our support teams are dedicated to ensuring that the engineering teams have all they need to focus on the job at hand and continue to be a leading force in sustainable engineering design.
Our team in Edmonton is looking to bring a Project Accountant, into the Finance team.
This is an opportunity for a tenacious individual, with an eye for detail and a calm, yet meticulous approach to accounting duties.
The Project Accountant is responsible for project set up, timely submittal of project billings, project reconciliations, project reviews, project analysis, and supporting assigned Principals in Charge in delivering profitable and successful projects.
This requires a thorough understanding of Introba's contract management, billing, and revenue recognition policies and practices; as well as an ability to learn and leverage information systems. Another major component of the role is the ability to be proactive, and responsive.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Fixed Fee invoicing
- Percentage Complete Invoicing
- Time and Material Invoicing
- Client specific invoicing.
- Reimbursable expense billing.
- Project reconciliations to client records as required.
- Email final invoices to clients and ensure confirmation of client receipt of invoices in good form, file copies of invoices and backup in appropriate folders.
- Working with Principal’s in Charge (PIC’s) and Project Managers in the delivery of successful projects, through helping them to understand project metrics.
- Review contracts, PCN’s, and additional fee amendments and complete contract management check lists.
- Set up projects based upon contract review and project enrollment details.
- Modify and note modifications in project records as circumstances require.
- Set up project plans and work with the project manager to maintain.
- Counsel and work with PM on multipliers and multiplier changes, charge types, and billing amounts.
- Alert PM’s when project metrics indicate irregularities.
- Initiate project closes and sign off when appropriate.
- Maintain project folders with appropriate documents, contracts, change orders and monthly invoices in accordance with standard processes and procedures.
Project Reporting, Analysis, and PM Support:
- Assist as directed; the Canada Regional Accountant.
- Perform monthly revenue analysis, including WIP, backlog, and revenue recognition testing, and help PIC’s, and PM’s understand the results.
- Find ways of partnering with project PIC’s and PM’s that support them in the successful delivery of their projects.
- Assist in the compilation of quarterly and annual audit binders.
- Review and post approved subcontract invoices.
- Reconcile subcontract invoices to contracted amount.
- Identify and report to corporate accounting when subcontract invoices are eligible for payment (pay when paid).
- Contact clients to ensure payment of outstanding invoices.
- Ensure detailed notes are maintained on all collection attempts.
- Communicate with PM/PIC on collections efforts.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project accounting/billing experience.
- Experience in engineering or other project-oriented firms preferred.
- An understanding of revenue recognition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with independent work habits.
- Experience working in a deadline orientated and face paced and high volume office.
- Working knowledge of Deltek Vision software would be an asset.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in Canada.
**Please read the job qualifications carefully and apply only if you meet the minimum qualifications listed**
Introba is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements. You should ask your manager about this prior to starting, should you be subject to the current or potential future requirements.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, wellbeing benefits and an Employee Assistance Program to provide mental wellbeing support, guidance and advice. Our hybrid working patterns and flexible hours help our people to achieve a healthy work-life balance.