Are you an enthusiastic and dedicated individual with a true passion for the field of security? If so, we have an incredible opportunity waiting for you at Edon!
At Edon, we believe that exceptional security starts with exceptional people. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Security Guard to join our dynamic team. If you are ready to make a meaningful impact, ensure safety, and protect what matters most, this is the perfect role for you.
Who are we?
To put it simply, we’ve been around for nearly 30 years in Alberta and have grown to be a player in the commercial property management market. Our Team services over 26 million sq. ft. of real estate in over 80 municipalities across the province. Together, we deliver complete building management solutions in partnership with our team members, clients, and subcontractors. This means we’re continually expanding services to meet client needs by providing caretaking, grounds, security, or project management solutions.
We are proud to provide opportunities and career development to over 850 employees and to have added over 350 to our team over the past three years. These team members bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and knowledge that help make us successful. Visit our website for more information about Edon’s culture.
Explore more about us and watch the WHO WE ARE video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxhN1hxLQI
or visit our website https://edonmgmt.com/
Why choose Edon?
- We support personal development and professional growth through tuition reimbursement, ongoing safety training, job shadowing, and mentorship.
- We are committed to safety (COR certified), quality (ISO 9001:2015 certified), and sustainability programs.
- We encourage understanding of our field operations so that team members gain an understanding and appreciation of the entire business.
- We look for ways to continuously improve our processes and operations to spend less time on paperwork and more time assisting clients. We’re currently working on a major automation project to make completing processes such as incident reports or employee expenses simpler.
- We foster a friendly and open culture that provides opportunity and work-life balance.
- We offer competitive pay, benefits, RRSP programs, and mileage reimbursement.
- Our organization continues to grow and this role will be key to bringing on a new commercial real estate development project over the next two years
- Have 4 weeks rotating schedule with working hours from 7am to 7pm
What Will You Do
- Securely maintain facilities in accordance with Edon Management’s standards and contract requirements
- Ensure facilities are securely maintained, identifying and responding to any issues that arise with the facilities’ security systems
- Preserve order and act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises
- Respond to incidents, create incident reports, and investigate security issues
- Perform building walk-throughs and create reports
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of two years’ security experience
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Valid Alberta Security License is required
- Standard First Aid and CPR with AED considered an asset
- Completed Grade 12 Education
- Excellent knowledge of security practices
- Strong command of the English language (reading and writing)
Be part of the change and join Edon Management at an exciting time. Apply Now!