Full Job Description
This posting is for 1 permanent full-time position
Do you enjoy taking charge of operations? Are you good with mechanical or electrical equipment? Are you committed to safety? You might be ready for a career as a Facility Maintenance Operator III!
As the Facility Maintenance Operator III, you will play a vital role in facility management by bringing a technical expertise to the day-to-day operation and maintenance of assigned buildings within a municipal building portfolio. In this position, you will be responsible for the performance, upkeep, and overall appearance of assigned facilities by following a prescribed preventative maintenance program. At times, you may be assigned to work or provide backup support for the Community Energy Centre (bio-fuel plant) where you would provide reliable operation and delivery of a utility service.
- Perform daily inspections to ensure the assigned facility is safe, presentable, performing as intended, and operationally ready to use
- Ensure all public entrances, automatic entrances, building safety systems, and building automation systems (mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing) are inspected, monitored, and operating properly
- Meet with building user department representatives monthly to plan and coordinate future building service activities
- Ensure all OH&S procedures are followed by staff or contractors
- Perform preventative maintenance, and repair for building elements including equipment, mechanical and electrical systems, and architectural elements
- Prioritize, plan, and coordinate maintenance programs/routines and customer service requests while providing a safe work environment
- Troubleshoot building systems to determine the root cause of problems or equipment failures
- Complete all required safety or building code inspections and ensure certification documentation is up to date
- Maintain up-to-date preventative/predictive maintenance records within Asset Planner; update all building or system changes on record drawings and/or operational manuals or procedures
- Create or improve upon maintenance practices to prevent reoccurring and predictable failures
- Update asset records when equipment has been replaced
- Coordinate, schedule, and supervise contracted services for maintenance and repair activities with minimum disruption within the facility
- Respond professionally to client concerns and facility building system failures
- Develop annual work plans that incorporate planned maintenance activities, lifecycle renewals, and repairs required for the facility
- Aid in the development of the annual operating budget and be responsible to provide the maintenance, operations, and repairs within the approved budget(s)
Skills and Abilities
- Time management and prioritization skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of Alberta Building Code, Alberta Fire Code, Occupational Health and Safety, and codes governing or legislating specialized equipment found within facilities
- Extensive knowledge in the maintenance and operation procedures for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire & safety, security systems, and building hardware
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of building automation systems and facility utility efficiencies
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent communication with all parties involved in the building maintenance
- 4th Class Operating Certificate is required (Fourth Class Power Engineer)
- 5 years of experience working in a related facility environment including two years of facility supervisory experience
- Have completed or be willing to complete a facility management certification course such as Facility Management Administration (BOMA) or Facility Management Professional (IFMA) as part of the position training requirements
- Knowledge of Alberta Building Code, Alberta Fire Code, Occupational Health and Safety, and codes governing or legislating specialized equipment found within facilities is required
- Experience working with ice plants and pools is an asset
- Trade certification in a facility discipline is an asset (HVAC, plumbing electrical)
Conditions of Employment
- Submission of a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check as well as ability to obtain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a 5-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
- Ability to work from heights, travel stairs, work on roofs, lift heavy items (75 lbs.) and work in awkward or confined areas for extended periods of time
- Ability and willingness to work on an “on call” rotational schedule for emergent and afterhours repairs
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of education and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resume.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
In addition to providing a dynamic work environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Apply here https://fa-erjf-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/10462