We’re seeking a talented Electrician (Journeyman) to join our Edmonton community. Operating as One Team, we work together to provide worry-free building solutions so our clients can focus on what they do best. Our team members take pride in quality service, client satisfaction, and live by the motto, “What would you do in your own home?”
Who are we?
To put it simply, we’ve been around for nearly 30 years in Alberta and have grown to be a player in the commercial property management market. Our Team services over 26 million sq. ft. of real estate in over 80 municipalities across the province. Together, we deliver complete building management solutions in partnership with our team members, clients, and subcontractors. This means we’re continually expanding services to meet client needs by providing caretaking, grounds, security, or project management solutions.
We are proud to provide opportunities and career development to over 850 employees and to have added over 350 to our team over the past three years. These team members bring diverse backgrounds, experiences, and knowledge that help make us successful. Visit our website for more information about Edon’s culture.
Explore more about us and watch the WHO WE ARE video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxhN1hxLQI
or visit our website https://edonmgmt.com/
Why choose Edon?
- We support personal development and professional growth through tuition reimbursement, ongoing safety training, job shadowing, and mentorship.
- We are committed to safety (COR certified), quality (ISO 9001:2015 certified), and sustainability programs.
- We encourage understanding of our field operations so that team members gain an understanding and appreciation of the entire business.
- We look for ways to continuously improve our processes and operations to spend less time on paperwork and more time assisting clients. We’re currently working on a major automation project to make completing processes such as incident reports or employee expenses simpler.
- We foster a friendly and open culture that provides opportunity and work-life balance.
- We offer competitive pay, benefits, RRSP programs, and mileage reimbursement.
- Our organization continues to grow and this role will be key to bringing on a new commercial real estate development project over the next two years
What does your day look like at Edon?
- Perform electrical repairs and maintenance services in accordance with electrical code specifications, including but not limited to assembling, installing, repairing and maintaining electrical equipment and components; testing continuity of circuits; troubleshooting and isolating faults in electrical and electronic systems; and replacing faulty components as required
- Assist with completing electrical preventive maintenance in accordance with the Preventive Maintenance Program including fire alarm inspections, maintenance and repairs, and emergency lights testing
- Perform tasks in the improvement of facilities that address building and client issues
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications
- Respond to service requests and emergencies
- Adhere to Edon’s Quality Management System policies as well as OHS legislation and regulations
- Interact and establish good customer relationships with client contacts
What do you need to succeed?
- Holds a Journeyman Electrician certificate in the province of Alberta
- Fire alarm inspection, testing and maintenance certification
- Minimum four years operational experience in facility operations
- Ability to read plans as applied to technical areas
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in exercising good judgement under pressure
- Owns basic electrical tools to perform building maintenance and repairs