We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations for Alberta to organize and oversee the daily operations of our company. The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing many activities in a business and can be located anywhere in Alberta. In addition, they direct the coordination across different departments to identify areas needing improvement. The director will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. The candidate must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business. The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success. The Director of Operations is the bridge between company management and all other departments. To ensure the well-being of a company, they must work with various department leaders like the District Managers to ensure departments are operating as efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with superiors to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Make sure all aspects of company goals are met
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Responsible for everything from negotiations to budgeting and purchasing
- Work closely with senior management in developing long-term operational strategies that help meet company objectives
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Other duties as directed or required
Requirements and Skills
- Must reside in Alberta
- Ability to travel frequently to sites throughout all of Alberta
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.