Director, Facility and Property Services
Permanent, full-time – 35 hours per week
$129,111.00 - $161,252.00 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Director, Facility and Property Services.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the General Manager, Infrastructure and Planning the Director, Facility and Property Services provides direction and is actively involved in the provision of building operation and maintenance, building construction and renovation, project management, and property management. This position also provides direction and is actively involved in the City’s procurement department. The incumbent will be responsible for the long-term strategic planning related to land acquisition and disposal and the planning of future facility needs and upgrades to meet the requirements of the City of Leduc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Request for Proposals for all facility-managed projects
- Determine the need for renovations and construction projects and establish budgets and track progress in relation to the approved budget
- Implement projects following proven project management practices and act as City of Leduc liaison with contractors through the constructions process
- Attend construction meetings and monitor constructions to ensure compliance with agreed specifications
- Ensure Council and Executive are apprised of project progress
- Be an active member of the City of Leduc Senior Administration and participate in interdepartmental communication meetings
- Develop and maintain the long-term Facilities Master Plan
- Manages rental agreements and properties in conjunction with the other department stakeholders
- Provide direction and guidance to facilities maintenance, custodial, operations, technical personnel and procurement
- Responsible for the OH&S related to facility staff and public safety within City of Leduc buildings
The successful candidate will have:
- Journeyman certification in one of the building trades, technical diploma, or engineering degree
- Formal training in project management
- Certification as a Facility Manager (CFM) or eligible for certification with International Facilities Management Association (IFMA)
- A minimum of 10 year’s experience in Facility and Property Management with related progressive experience in senior management roles.
- Experience with contract and project management and programs requiring collaboration with community agencies and all levels of government
- Familiar with OH&S requirements
- Experience with contract and lease negotiation and procurement
- The City utilizes AssetPlanner, experience with Facilities Asset Management Software is on asset
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check
- The successful candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Level Security Clearance; having a current clearance would be an asset
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 pm (MT) on May 31, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.