DEPARTMENT:Communications & Corporate IdentityCLOSING DATE:August 1, 2023OpportunityAIMCo’s is a dynamic and innovative company seeking a talented Communications Specialist to join our team. As a leader in our industry, we are committed to providing exceptional service for our clients. With a strong emphasis on communication and brand reputation, we are looking for a skilled professional who can effectively convey our message and enhance our brand presence.
The Communications Manager, Colleague Connectivity, will play a crucial role in connecting colleagues to the organization's strategic objectives. This position will lead communications initiatives, ensuring a clear and focused approach to internal and external communications, social media, client communications, and government relations. The primary responsibility will be to create strategic, impactful internal communications plans that align with the company's goals, emphasizing the People Strategy, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), HR initiatives, and the AIMCo Foundation.Responsibilities Include:
- Provide strategic communications guidance and advice on integrated communication strategies to build employee engagement, productivity, and retention.
- Act as a strategic communications advisor for stakeholders across the organization, including senior leaders, understanding their needs and providing guidance on effective communication approaches.
- Create a strategy, framework, and plans for regular CEO and CIO leadership communications, ensuring alignment with corporate messaging and strategic goals.
- Evaluate and understand HR communications needs and design plans that effectively communicate HR goals, programs, and deadlines to colleagues.
- Manage all communications related to the People Strategy, DEI, HR initiatives, and the AIMCo Foundation across internal, external, social, and government relations pillars.
- Actively design integrated communications strategies and plans that contribute to the global brand and reputation of AIMCo, particularly in relation to organizational talent and expertise.
- Stay informed about industry trends, developments, and best practices in employee culture, retention, morale, recognition, productivity, and incentives, and share this knowledge with AIMCo to institutionalize culture-related knowledge.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including HR, leadership, and marketing, to ensure alignment and consistency in messaging and branding.
- Develop and execute internal communication campaigns and initiatives that foster employee pride, engagement, and understanding of the organization's mission and objectives.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of communication initiatives, making data-driven recommendations for improvement and demonstrating the value of communication efforts.
- Manage relationships with external vendors, agencies, and suppliers to support communication initiatives and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices, emerging trends, and technologies in communications to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Human Resources, Public Relations, or a related field. HR certification is a plus.
- Proven experience in HR communications or internal communications, preferably within a corporate environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create clear, concise, and engaging content targeted to diverse employee audiences.
- Strong understanding of HR practices, policies, and programs, with the ability to translate complex HR information into employee-friendly communications.
- Experience in planning and executing effective internal communication strategies and campaigns.
- Proficiency in using communication channels and platforms, including internal email marketing tools, intranet, social media, and multimedia content creation.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and manage stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and build relationships with HR leaders, cross-functional teams, and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to measure communication effectiveness, interpret data, and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Knowledge of change management principles and strategies, with experience in communicating organizational changes to employees.
Next StepsWe are excited to meet you. Please submit your resume or CV to be considered for this opportunity. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis and we will be in touch with any questions.Final candidates will be asked to undergo a security screening, which includes a credit bureau and a criminal record investigation, the results of which must be acceptable to AIMCo.ALERT - Be on the lookout for AIMCo career opportunities advertised through third parties that request an application fee or too much information. To verify, all opportunities are posted on aimco.ca/jobs
Just like our investments, our international team is stronger when we are diversified. At AIMCo, we draw upon the differences in who we are, where we come from, and the way we think to foster sophisticated solutions for Albertans. Doing business the right way means building an equitable organization inclusive of all races, genders, ages, abilities, religions, neurodiversity, identities, and lived experiences. Simply put, when you can show up as your authentic self every day, you and your team can truly thrive — all in service of our clients and their beneficiaries.