At GFL our goal is to invest in our people and provide opportunities to grow, for life!
GFL Environmental is looking for a Class 1 or 3 Truck Driver to be based out of our Edmonton location!
- Our employees are affectionately known as team green, a name that unites us all under our shared purpose of providing sustainable solutions to enable our customers and communities to be GREEN FOR LIFE!
- We offer a competitive benefits plan, including RRSP match, orthodontics and vision coverage
- With 20,000+ employees across North America, we offer a dynamic set of career opportunities, locations and growth!
- We appreciate all of the local communities we live and work in, and actively contribute to them through our flagship Full Circle Project
- We believe investing in the future is the right investment, our first fully electric truck is now in operation!
- GFL is traded on the NYSE & the TSX – search “GFL” to see our stock performance
As a GFL Truck Driver, you will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers. The driver will collect solid waste or recyclables on curbside and/or backdoor routes and transporting to post-collection facilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Operate a residential / recycling collection, side-load and/or rear-load truck, ancillary equipment and hydraulic system to collect solid waste and/or recyclables on specified collection route.
- Load solid waste, yard waste and/or recyclables into the rear or side of waste collection vehicle.
- Operate equipment on truck to compact trash into vehicle.
- Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
- Complete pre-trip and post-trip safety lane inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
- Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
- Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
- Follow all safety standards and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state/provincial, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
- Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
- Identify, and tag prohibited waste items and remove the items from the waste cart or can.
- Manage assigned Helper(s) if applicable.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Ensure that all required personal protective equipment be worn at all times (i.e., gloves, reflective vest, safety glasses, work boots, etc.)
- Report all accidents or incidents to supervisor(s) immediately
- Exhibit a professional demeanor, manner and appearance at all times (i.e., meeting customers and/or the general public while on route or in uniform.)
- Maintain accurate records of services performed.
- Maintain inventory of all container and residential carts and spare parts available and recommend purchase of additional containers, carts and spare parts to supervisor.
- Work closely with supervisor to improve routing efficiencies.
- May be required to work overtime
- Attend safety and branch meetings.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
- Must possess a Commerical Driver's License
- Minimum one (1) years of commercial driving experience OR CDL school certificate
- Must be able to meet relevant criteria for safety sensitive functions according to Company standards
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely drive the truck and operate the equipment
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.