Harvard Developments is seeking a qualified Building Operator to join its facility maintenance team in Edmonton, Alberta for a 6-month term position. This position is accountable to provide an exceptional customer experience within the portfolio of assigned building(s) in Edmonton and surrounding area, ensuring the property(ies) are well cared for and maintained in a safe and environmentally sustainable manner.
Harvard is a full-service real estate management company based in Western Canada that is recognized for its reputation in leadership, flexibility, quality, and performance, currently overseeing over 9 million square feet of commercial properties with regional offices in Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, and Winnipeg.
The Building Operator will:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to the building occupants
- Respond to customer service requests within standards established for safety, comfort, cleanliness, responsiveness, follow up and communication.
- Operate the building's automation, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Maintain positive contractor relationships while overseeing contracted services such as cleaning, HVAC, grounds, snow removal, etc.
- Carry out the planned maintenance program for the assigned portfolio; and
- Assist the management team achieve its customer, financial and organizational objectives.
What you will bring to the job:
- A high level of commitment to serving customers with availability to respond 24 hours a day when scheduled on-call;
- 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate of Competency and a driver’s license with a clean abstract;
- A mechanical inclination with practiced motor skills and capacity to perform physical work;
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal, as well as strong listening and collaborative skills that enable positive and beneficial relationships;
- Good computer literacy with experience using digital devices;
- A working knowledge of general workplace safety practices and requirements; and
- The ability to work independently or collaboratively as circumstances may dictate, using personal initiative and sound judgment to achieve purchasing guidelines, project schedules and budget.
- BOMI SMT/SMA designations would be considered an asset.
What you will receive from Harvard:
- Competitive salary and health benefits within the real estate management industry, along with an incentive opportunity, pension & group RRSP;
- Additional benefits including company vehicle, children’s scholarship and a wellness program;
- Strong corporate values in a flexible, performance driven and merit-based work environment;
- Comprehensive orientation, training, and support; and
- Encouragement of lifelong learning through education and training opportunities.
Harvard provides employees with a challenging work environment encouraging professional growth, innovative thinking, and collaborative work. Our organization respects the principles of work-life balance and community engagement. If you feel you are the person we are looking for in this position, please apply with your resume in confidence through the Careers tab at www.hillcompanies.com.