McCOR is one of the largest privately-owned real estate development and property management companies in Canada and we are looking to add to our growing team of building operations professionals.
This six month term role will be responsible for ensuring the effective operation and maintenance of assigned properties.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of all systems and equipment within their assigned properties including HVAC, building automation systems, generators, etc.
- Ensuring, as necessary, ongoing in-house repairs and maintenance (i.e. lighting changes, minor repairs, adjusting thermostats)
- Responsible for 24 hour emergency on-call availability.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and standards
- Carry out day to day tenant requests
- Coordinating and monitoring suppliers and contractors on-site.
- Maintaining logbooks and meter reading on building equipment.
- Conducting regular interior/exterior, roof and property inspections.
- Police parking lots and issuing tickets when necessary
- Issuing purchase orders and ordering materials and equipment
- Assists with creation and maintenance of operations budgets
- Prepare monthly building reports for review
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- 2-4 years of similar work experience
- 5th Class Steam Certificate, Refrigeration Engineer Certificate, WHMIS, First Aid/CPR, OH&S Level 1 as asset
- Building Operator’s Certificate/Building System’s Technician Certificate/Building Environmental Systems Operator/Facility Management Training or equivalent
- Basic working knowledge of Provincial Building Code & Regulations, Canadian Electrical Code, Provincial Fire Code and Electrical Safety Authority
- Must provide a clean criminal record check.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and line diagrams.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Basic computer skills
- Bondable through the RCMP to work in secure areas.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Building Operator: 2 years (preferred)
- clean criminal record (required)
Work Location: In person