Reporting to the Regional Director, this position is responsible for assisting the Property Management team with managing the day to day operations of the site(s) within the assigned portfolio.
- Review A/R and call tenants for outstanding arrears.
- Resolve tenant issues.
- Prepare statement of accounts and send to tenants.
- Site inspections as required.
- Meet with inspectors and / or site maintenance contractors as required.
- Analyze financial statements.
- Ensure tenant billings and year-end adjustments are correct and as per lease agreement.
- Review and approve lease summaries.
- Inform managers of any property, tenant or A/R issues.
- Prepare and update reports.
- Issue default and / or demand notices to tenants for non-payment of rent.
- Monthly property inspections as required.
- Record monthly sales figures for tenants reporting.
- Set up tender packages and select contractors for required services.
- Prepare budgets as required.
- Prepare lease assignments.
- Prepare and distribute year end recoveries to all tenants.
- Ensure that RioCan’s Health and Safety policies are routinely assessed at the property level.
- Other duties / projects as required.
- College Diploma or Certificate in Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years; experience in property management
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven problem solving skills
- Previous experience managing people is an asset
- Real Estate License
- RECA License or working towards
RioCan brings together smart, talented people from diverse backgrounds, and creates spaces where we can all prosper. People are at the core of who we are, and we respect that they have taken all kinds of paths to get here.
We are committed to creating an environment in which all employees are valued, included, and empowered to do their best work and bring great ideas. We value different voices and perspectives, and appreciate that unique backgrounds and identities make our organization stronger.
RioCan welcomes applications from all candidates and is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process please let us know and we will be happy to work with you to meet your needs.