At Colliers Project Leaders, we deliver capital project solutions to fulfill our clients’ needs across the built environment. The work we do makes a difference in communities and for the people who live there. We have a passion for it.
Our commitment to realizing our clients' vision inspires us to look beyond the immediate – to the possibilities of what we can achieve together. We are 15,000 projects and counting – improving lives and helping shape the growth of sustainable, progressive and inclusive communities.
This position can be based out of the Toronto, Halifax, Calgary or Vancouver office.
Our Assistant Project Managers get the opportunity to work with the best in the industry and to develop their skills on a diverse range of projects that vary in scope and complexity. In this role, you will work closely with clients (e.g., owners and architecture teams) to provide optimal equipment and furniture (F&E) planning solutions for their unique operating environments.
- Work alongside experienced project managers to learn the keys to client relationship building and successful project delivery
- Provide project support to Project Managers by performing schedule updates, maintaining project controls, developing progress reports and preparing tender and contract documents
- Attend various project meetings, capturing accurate action items and key decisions in meeting minutes
- Provide a communication path between the Project Manager, Furniture and Space Planners, Clinical Specialist and other project stakeholders
- Ensure that project activities are conducted in accordance with Colliers Project Leaders Quality Management System
- A university degree or diploma in engineering, biomedical technology, interior/furniture design, construction management or project management (or an equivalent combination of academic and practical experience)
- Familiarity with the operations of healthcare facilities (e.g., hospitals, long term care, community healthcare centers)
- Self-motivation, initiative and an eagerness to learn and contribute to meeting project deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Previous exposure to redevelopment projects, design management, construction contract administration or project financials is an asset
- A results-oriented approach with the ability to take action and responsibility
- Exceptional detail orientation, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing tasks to meet tight deadlines and client expectations
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project), word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software applications
- CAPM designation, PMP and LEED accreditation would be an asset
Don’t have every single qualification? We know that some people are less likely to apply for a job unless they are a perfect match. At Colliers Project Leaders, we’re not looking for “perfect matches.” We’re looking to welcome people to our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but don’t have every single qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. Whether it’s this role or another one, you may be just the right candidate.
What You Can Expect
- An opportunity to truly impact our communities
- A flexible work environment
- A comprehensive onboarding experience
- Significant professional development, training, and a mentorship program
- A paid volunteer day
- An environment where people feel welcome, heard and included, regardless of their differences
- And much more!
Join our team of difference-makers and help shape the growth of dynamic communities.
Colliers Project Leaders is part of Colliers (NASDAQ, TSX: CIGI), a leading diversified professional services and investment management company, with more than 17,000 professional operating in 63 countries.
Colliers Project Leaders has suspended our COVID-19 vaccination requirement. In circumstances where our clients have a different COVID-19 vaccination policy, the Clients’ requirements will supersede.
Colliers Project Leaders is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity in its workforce. Colliers encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please advise the assigned Talent Acquisition Business Partner.
Colliers Project Leaders standard recruitment process requires applicants to be subjected to formal background and reference checks prior to their hiring